Re: request for upload of new version of library following soname change

Hi Nick,

On Tue, Oct 27, 2020 at 04:38:35PM -0400, Nick Black wrote:
> Hey there.
>
> I maintain the notcurses package, which is already in the
> archive. Recently, the soname changed, necessitating a new
> package name (libnotcurses1 -> libnotcurses2). I understand this
> needs go through NEW, but alas, I've been unable to reach my
> previous uploader for over a week (please don't interpret this
> as a knock on their volunteer efforts, which are very much
> appreciated). I'd appreciate some DD taking mercy and uploading
> to NEW for FTPMaster review.
>
> I haven't uploaded to mentors, but I certainly can if that's
> desirable. Source, architecture-all, and amd64 packages are
> available from https://www.dsscaw.com/repos/apt/debian/pool/main/n/notcurses/.
> See postscript for reprepro output.
>
> The source package link is:

IMHO, probably best would be to put it on mentors (as a bonus mentors
does already a few checks which are useful for the reviewer)
and open up an RFS bug for better visibility.
(e.g it's my policy only to sponsor from there, as I believe other people
will also learn/benefit from the process)

> https://www.dsscaw.com/repos/apt/debian/pool/main/n/notcurses/notcurses_2.0.2+dfsg.1-1.dsc

I did a short look at your package, so this is not a complete review:
I notices those two problems by diffing with what is in the archives
- It seems you did not include the changelog for (1.7.6+dfsg.1-2)
- For A library transition upload you must target experimental in the
  first upload. Please read this link carefully for the procedure:
  https://wiki.debian.org/Teams/ReleaseTeam/Transitions

--
Cheers,
tobi