Re: Verify the library transition

> > I'm currently helping with the library transition for libgit2-dev.
> Then I would expect you to ask the maintainers for coordination and/or
> help.

The maintainer normally actively participates in the discussion here,
and gives people help, but he is super busy at the moment, so I just
want to go as furthest as possible without waiting on him. Moreover,
the discussions so far are only on the library transition building
general information, and has not much to do with his specific package.
I.e., the discussions will be helpful to the next library transition
building volunteers.

> > > But I'd only been using sbuild to build sid packages previously, where
> > > can I find the doc on how to add an experimental build-dep to sbuild's
> > > build process?
> > https://wiki.debian.org/sbuild#Enabling_experimental
>
> Greate. Thanks for all your helps!

So I build with experimental build-dep via:

sbuild -s -v -A --no-clean-source -d unstable --extra-repository='deb
http://deb.debian.org/debian experimental main'
--build-dep-resolver=aspcud gnuastro

and when I check my results, I got:

$ dpkg-deb -f libgnuastro11_0.13-1_amd64.deb Depends
libc6 (>= 2.29), libcfitsio9 (>= 3.480~), libgit2-28 (>= 0.26.0),
libgsl25 (>= 2.6), libjpeg62-turbo (>= 1.3.1), libtiff5 (>= 4.0.3),
libwcs7 (>= 5.0)

Although the build passed, I'm still not sure if it passed for the new
libgit2-glib-1.0-0, or if it passed for the old libgit2-28 (>=
0.28.1). Looks to me it is the latter. So now I have to come back to
the old question

> > - some of them about built with libgit2-glib-1.0-0
> > - but some others are built with libgit2-28 (>= 0.28.1)
> > - and some I just literally don't know, e.g., libgit2-dev (>> 0.28~)
> >
> > I.e., I still haven't figured out how to control the lib a package
> > should links to.
> You don't need to "control" it. The build process uses the files from the
> -dev package and usually there is only on version of that installed.

So I'm not controlling it and let the build process choose on its own.
Now, with the above result, can I safely say that
libgnuastro11_0.13-1_amd64.deb is safe to build with the new libgit2?

PS, the whole build log is at
https://pastebin.com/YM9jV7g5

thanks