Re: Looking for help towards my first Debian package (ITP#962603)

On Thu, Jun 11, 2020 at 02:53:47AM -0400, Qianqian Fang wrote:

> when dh builds the library, the linking command of the libzmat.so file did
> include the -lz flag (and the linking was successful)
>
> gcc -shared -Wl,-soname,libzmat.so.1 -lz -o ../lib/libzmat.so zmatlib.o ....
With --as-needed enabled by default, -l arguments should come after the .o
files that require them. As you construct the link command manually, you
need to distinguish between flags, that usually come before sources, and
libs, that should come after them, and split your ARFLAGS accordingly.

> where does "library dependency" get specified in the package, if not
> Depends?
The shared library dependencies of the binary files are specified in the
ELF headers.
They are not the same as Debian package dependencies.

--
WBR, wRAR