Re: Looking for help towards my first Debian package (ITP#962603)

On Wed, Jun 10, 2020 at 8:25 PM Qianqian Fang wrote:

> dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: symbol deflateBound used by debian/libzmat1/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libzmat.so.1 found in none of the libraries
>
> although, I've already added zlib1g-dev to Build-Depends and zlib1g to the Depends fields, I am wondering what else do I need to add.

The libzmat1.so.1 library needs to link against libz.so too. Probably
this needs to be fixed upstream.

> these two folders (private/octave) are precompiled binary (mex) files using the same source codes.

These precompiled binaries should be removed from the upstream source
repository and tarballs and always built from source at build time. If
upstream refuses to do that, you should remove them from the
orig.tar.gz before uploading your package. Using the Files-Excluded
feature of uscan is a reasonable way to achieve that.

> 4. naming convention: did I do this correctly? can I use libzmat or zmat as the main package name?

The source package name should be the same as the upstream source
repository name (so zmat) and the binary package name should be named
after the SONAME of the library binary (so libzmat1).

--
bye,
pabs

https://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise