Re: Need a review and a sponsor for xpdf ITA upload

On Fri, Mar 03, 2017 at 01:20:34PM -0700, Sean Whitton wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 03, 2017 at 08:42:02AM +0100, Svante Signell wrote:
> > Let's start with installing the real upstream tarball before upgrading to my
> > patched version of xpdf. Can I just create a new version with that tarball and
> > upload via dput to mentors.debian.net, and then sending an RFS to the mailing
> > list?
>
> Ah, now I understand why you want to do this.
>
> You could do this as a QA upload.  However, I think that it is best just
> to do everything in one upload.  It is not obvious that "installing the
> real upstream tarball" alone has any value.

I disagree.  Making that change separate makes upstream vs packaging changes
a lot easier to review.

As you claimed this RFS, it's up to you to debate the workflow with Svante
and require changes that suit you, but I for one would gladly upload it as
two separate versions.

--
⣾⠁⢠⠒⠀⣿⡁