Re: Need a review and a sponsor for xpdf ITA upload

On Thu, Mar 02, 2017 at 05:57:23PM +0100, Svante Signell wrote:
> I'm intending to ITA the orphaned package xpdf, see #848631. An updated package,
> xpdf 3.0.4-5 is ready for review and upload.

Adopting a package counts as a regular maintainer upload -- and technically
it is, as you become the new maintainer.  As such, no special procedure is
required.  Thus, you may file a regular RFS by providing the new version.

On the other hand, this package is a part of stretch, and we're in deep
freeze.  This means, unless you're fixing RC or at least important bugs
only (and especially for the latter, with a Release Team preapproval),
uploading to unstable is a bad idea.  Thus, I'd recommend using experimental
for now.

> What to do next, provide a debdiff as a start?

Debdiffs are needed for NMUs and/or stable uploads only.  For regular
sponsoring, typing "apt source xpdf && debdiff xpdf_*.dsc|colordiff|less -R"
is less work for both sides :)

--
⣾⠁⢠⠒⠀⣿⡁