Re: Packaging mmh (fork of nmh)

> >So, it is okay to use alternatives to manage /usr/bin/mh symlink (I
> >will need your cooperation, Jakub)
> I think you're confusing me with someone else...

Sorry again. With your statement about nmh content I thought, that
you are nmh maintainer.

> >, but what about manpages?
> >
> >Creating alternative for every manpage is too complicated.
>
> It's just a bunch of extra slave links. I doesn't look complicated to
> me.

It would be confusing, that `man scan' can refer to mmh, but `man mhshow'
to nmh, since such command is absent in `mmh'.

> >Is possible to somehow create subdirectory /usr/share/man/man1/mh and
> >have it availiable to man?
>
> I don't think so.

What about custom hooks, triggered on every alternative change?

> What you could do is to put the manpages into a different section[0], so
> that mmh's manpage files don't conflict with nmh's ones. But then it
> wouldn't be guaranteed that, say, "man mhl" will give the manpage
> corresponding to /usr/bin/mh/mhl.

It is terrible confusing. Only if I alternatives could affect section
resolution order...

--
Accept: text/plain, text/x-diff