Re: d-shlibs: What package provides ld64-2-dev on ppc64 (and others) (Was: Next autoconf problem for today libdisorder)

Hi Jonas,

On Wed, Jun 29, 2016 at 05:20:48PM +0200, Jonas Smedegaard wrote:

> > As Christian realised d-shlibmove is failing to resolve ld64-2-dev on
> > ppc64el, ppc64 and s390x and on kfreebsd-amd64 it is seeking for
> > ld-kfreebsd-x86-64-1-dev.  I would like to fix this by using
> > --override for the moment and provide a patch to d-shlibs.  However, I
> > have no idea by what might be the correct replacement in these cases.
> >
> > Any idea?
>
> Not sure why this is discussed at debian-mentors:

Since a thread started here that has led to the issue.

> When known which
> package need a fix the proper approach is, I believe, to file a
> bugreport against that package and discus there (in Debian each
> bugreport is essentially a tiny public mailinglist).

I intended to submit a patch and was asking for ideas before filing a
bug.

> To answer your question, what d-shlibs wrongly detects as "ld" belongs
> to a core package (libc, as I recall) and should therefore be silenced.
> This was the very first regexes in d-devlibdeps file.
>
> I have now extended those regexes to cover the reported misdetections,
> and released a new d-shlibs package.  So you need not add a local quirk,
> just wait 6 hours, but if you insist then have a look at the d-shlibs
> git for the change I did there.

Thanks a lot for the quick response

    Andreas.

--