Re: d-shlibs: What package provides ld64-2-dev on ppc64 (and others) (Was: Next autoconf problem for today libdisorder)

Hi Andreas,

[please cc me on replies - I am not subscribed to this list]

Quoting Andreas Tille (2016-06-29 15:10:10)
> On Tue, Jun 28, 2016 at 06:03:39PM +0200, Christian Seiler wrote:
> > > I agree that its not necessary to copy files around.  However, I
> > > like d-shlibs to ensure that debian/control is properly designed.
> >
> > It does appear to not fully support all architectures though, if you
> > look at the buildd results:
> > https://buildd.debian.org/status/package.php?p=libdisorder
> >
> > It would be great if you could report that as a bug against
> > d-shlibs, assuming nobody else has done so yet. (Maybe wait until
> > all other platforms are either built or failed, to have a complete
> > list.)
>
> As Christian realised d-shlibmove is failing to resolve ld64-2-dev on
> ppc64el, ppc64 and s390x and on kfreebsd-amd64 it is seeking for
> ld-kfreebsd-x86-64-1-dev.  I would like to fix this by using
> --override for the moment and provide a patch to d-shlibs.  However, I
> have no idea by what might be the correct replacement in these cases.
>
> Any idea?

Not sure why this is discussed at debian-mentors: When known which
package need a fix the proper approach is, I believe, to file a
bugreport against that package and discus there (in Debian each
bugreport is essentially a tiny public mailinglist).

To answer your question, what d-shlibs wrongly detects as "ld" belongs
to a core package (libc, as I recall) and should therefore be silenced.
This was the very first regexes in d-devlibdeps file.

I have now extended those regexes to cover the reported misdetections,
and released a new d-shlibs package.  So you need not add a local quirk,
just wait 6 hours, but if you insist then have a look at the d-shlibs
git for the change I did there.

Thanks for "reporting" this issue. :-)

 - Jonas

[please cc me on replies - I am not subscribed to this list]