Re: f.el dependency loop (was: Re: Cask & dependencies)

On Mon, Dec 14, 2015 at 09:04:00PM -0400, David Bremner wrote:
> My initial opinion is to avoid a bootstrapping loop. That might be
> partially because I've never really used build profiles before, but also
> it seems to more or less double the number of sponsored uploads you'd
> need.

I've dug a little deeper.  It turns out the circular chain of
dependencies are not actually required to run f's unit tests.  They are
only required for f.el's upstream continuous integration testing setup
(a setup not compatible with Debian CI, so far as I know).  I've been
able to use a quilt patch to scrub the dependency chain.

Sean