Re: How to determine when being packaged under Debian?

> We try to minimize external dependencies (even a package maintainer is
> a dependency in the process). So we were hoping/looking for something
> like (its a C++ library):
>
> #if defined(PACKAGE_BUILD) && !defined(CRYPTOPP_INIT_PRIORITY)
> # pragma message "It is recommended you define CRYPTOPP_INIT_PRIORITY."
> # pragma message "See https://cryptopp.com/wiki/Config.h for details."
> #endif

Probably you may be interested in SOURCE_DATE_EPOCH variable.
Reproducible build team toolchain set this variable, and it is going to
get it's way into official debhelper repository (did it already?).
You can try check for it.

https://reproducible-builds.org/specs/source-date-epoch/

--
Accept: text/plain, text/x-diff