Re: How to determine when being packaged under Debian?

On Wed, Sep 30, 2015 at 3:55 AM, Russ Allbery <rra@debian.org> wrote:
> Jeffrey Walton <noloader@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> OK, thanks. We are working with László Böszörményi. He's been very
>> helpful.
>
>> But if László ever leaves Debian or stops Crypto++, then I loose my
>> contact and the path to ensure things are handled correctly.
>
> Yeah, this is why I'd put a check into the Debian packaging to be sure
> that the software was built this way and abort the build during the check
> phase if it wasn't, with a big comment explaining the situation.  Then
> hopefully anyone else who picks up the package, if that happens, would be
> aware.

OK, so this is something only a maintainer can do? (I'm OK with that;
I'm just trying to understand the process).

We try to minimize external dependencies (even a package maintainer is
a dependency in the process). So we were hoping/looking for something
like (its a C++ library):

#if defined(PACKAGE_BUILD) && !defined(CRYPTOPP_INIT_PRIORITY)
# pragma message "It is recommended you define CRYPTOPP_INIT_PRIORITY."
# pragma message "See https://cryptopp.com/wiki/Config.h for details."
#endif

Jeff