Re: Facilitating contributions by newcomers

On Wed, Nov 12, 2014 at 9:50 AM, Christian Kastner <debian@kvr.at> wrote:
> I'd argue it's good enough for the task itself, but searching for areas
> to contribute to could still be improved significantly.

I agree.

> For example,
> given the following list of motivations a new contributor might have
>
>    "I want to help fix simple bugs in C programs."
>    "I want to help fix difficult bugs in Java programs."
>    "I want to help with translations."
>    "I want to help multiarchify packages."

I think you all may be interested on http://harvest.ubuntu.com/opportunities/
Not sure on how it works, but it collects data from different services
(e.g., merges.u.c) other than the bug tracker, and it's able to
present opportunities in various fields, sorting them by different
criteria.

--
regards,
Mattia Rizzolo