Re: Facilitating contributions by newcomers

On Wed, 12 Nov 2014, Christian Kastner wrote:
> Going even further, what would you see as possible solutions for
> augmenting bug reports tagged 'entry-point' with the information I
> mention in first post, ie:
>
> On 2014-11-09 20:20, Christian Kastner wrote:
> >   * A specific objective (bug fix, enhancement, debugging, cleanup,
> >     documentation, translation, ...). This should probably be tied to a
> >     Debian bug number.
> >
> >   * A description of the required skills (packaging, debugging, C, ...)
> >
> >   * A difficulty rating (1:low to 5:very high)
> >
> >   * An estimation for the amount of work to be done (hours, days)
> >
> >   * An urgency (influenced by severity, popcon, ...)
> >
> >   * A list of one or more mentors will to help.
>
> Personally, I think that the "required skills" and the "difficulty
> rating" would be very valuable additions.
>
> It may be possible to infer the other attributes from the other metadata
> eg: urgency ~ severity.

I'd suggest using the BTS's summary command, which enables you to
nominate a message whose first paragraph will summarize the bug.

This is free form, but that's probably good enough (at least for
starters).

If god is always watching over us
who's driving?
 -- a softer world #487