Re: Facilitating contributions by newcomers

On 11/11/14 at 14:13 -0800, Don Armstrong wrote:
> On Tue, 11 Nov 2014, Lucas Nussbaum wrote:
> > Have you considered adding the 'gift' tag[0] to some BTS bugs?
>
> I probably should do that; I actually wasn't that familiar with the gift
> tag before this e-mail.
>
> > how-can-i-help now uses this tag to list bugs affecting Debian
> > infrastructure in a separate category. Stefano Zacchiroli did that for
> > some debsources bugs, and this apparently had noticeable effects in
> > terms of contributions.
>
> [...]
>
> > [0] https://wiki.debian.org/qa.debian.org/GiftTag
>
> Does anyone have any thoughts about elevating the gift tag to a
> fully-fledged BTS tag?

I am totally in favor of turning it into a real tag.

There has been discussions about renaming the tag (see thread starting
at https://lists.debian.org/debian-project/2013/09/msg00096.html ; my
personal preference is entry-point
(https://lists.debian.org/debian-project/2013/09/msg00108.html) for the
geeky factor). We should rename it at the same time.

Lucas