Re: Facilitating contributions by newcomers

On Tue, 11 Nov 2014, Lucas Nussbaum wrote:
> Have you considered adding the 'gift' tag[0] to some BTS bugs?

I probably should do that; I actually wasn't that familiar with the gift
tag before this e-mail.

> how-can-i-help now uses this tag to list bugs affecting Debian
> infrastructure in a separate category. Stefano Zacchiroli did that for
> some debsources bugs, and this apparently had noticeable effects in
> terms of contributions.

[...]

> [0] https://wiki.debian.org/qa.debian.org/GiftTag

Does anyone have any thoughts about elevating the gift tag to a
fully-fledged BTS tag?

Unix, MS-DOS, and Windows NT (also known as the Good, the Bad, and
the Ugly).
 -- Matt Welsh