Re: Making "entry-point" nee "gift" a real BTS tag [Re: Facilitating contributions by newcomers]

On Tue, 11 Nov 2014, Stéphane Aulery wrote:
> Le mardi 11 novembre 2014 à 02:45:26, Don Armstrong a écrit :
> > On Tue, 11 Nov 2014, Lucas Nussbaum wrote:
> > > I am totally in favor of turning it into a real tag.
> > >
> > > There has been discussions about renaming the tag (see thread starting
> > > at https://lists.debian.org/debian-project/2013/09/msg00096.html ; my
> > > personal preference is entry-point
> > > (https://lists.debian.org/debian-project/2013/09/msg00108.html) for the
> > > geeky factor). We should rename it at the same time.
> >
> > I think "entry-point" encapsulates the idea, and isn't condescending.
> > Unless someone has a serious objection to it, lets just roll with that.
>
> And existing "help" tag? What is it now?

The existing help tag is really for bugs for which the maintainer needs
or wants help; these are basically a superset of entry-point, and bugs
which are more difficult than it would be reasonable for a new
contributor to help.

I suppose it would be reasonable for bugs which are tagged entry-point
to also be tagged help, but I'm not going to mandate that.

The game of science is, in principle, without end. He who decides one
day that scientific statements do not call for any further test, and
that they can be regarded as finally verified, retires from the game.
 -- Sir Karl Popper _The Logic of Scientific Discovery_ §11