Re: Minimized Javascript

On Nov 6, 2014 10:30 AM, "Maxime Chatelle" <xakz@rxsoft.eu> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm doing the packaging for a documentation package. The content is
> HTML, CSS, some images, one "source" _javascript_ library, and 2 minimized
> _javascript_ libraries. The minimized libraries is a problem.
>
> I think about these solutions:
>
> 1) Remove minimized libraries from the source package (dfsg), create two
> new Debian packages for the libraries and do the required linking.

This should be done if the libraries are generic (e.g. jquery), but not strictly required.

> 2) Remove minimized libraries from the source package (dfsg) and add
> quilt patches to include "source" version of the libraries.

Good enough

> 3) Remove minimized libraries from the source package (dfsg) and trying
> to patch HTML files to get rid of the libraries.

Not sure where is the differences from 2.

> 4) (Not sure if I can do that) Remove minimized versions and replace
> these by the "source" versions directly in the DFSG source package.

Do not edit upstream source without using patches at build time (e.g. using quilt).

5) remove the minimized libraries from the source package (dfsg), and reminimize them at build time