Re: Minimized Javascript

On Thu, Nov 6, 2014 at 5:14 PM, Maxime Chatelle wrote:

> I'm doing the packaging for a documentation package. The content is
> HTML, CSS, some images, one "source" javascript library, and 2 minimized
> javascript libraries. The minimized libraries is a problem.
>
> I think about these solutions:

The ideal solution would be for the respective upstreams to remove
these embedded code copies from their tarballs or provide a second
tarball with these code copies removed. Then you would package all
three libraries in separate source+binary packages.

https://wiki.debian.org/EmbeddedCodeCopies

If the upstreams refuse to do that then none of the options are good
but I would include multiple orig.tar.gz files, the documentation and
one for each of the source of the minified libraries. In addition,
package the libraries in separate binary packages generated from
separate source packages.

Please include details about which package and which libraries you are
concerned about.

--
bye,
pabs