Re: Minimized Javascript

On 2014-11-06 10:14, Maxime Chatelle wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm doing the packaging for a documentation package. The content is
> HTML, CSS, some images, one "source" javascript library, and 2 minimized
> javascript libraries. The minimized libraries is a problem.

Why would the minimized version be a problem?

As long as there is a pointer in the source package where that minimized
version comes from, all should be fine.

The binary package does not need to use the original version, see a
'minimized' one as a compiled source edition.

[..]
> Little precision: the upstream author do not do the minimization by
> himself, he just adds the minimized versions from the respective
> libraries homepages. So, no build system to modify.

Create a separate package with the source being the non-minimized
edition, but ship the minimized edition in the binary package.

Depend on that package from the package that uses it.

That way, other packages can use it in the same way.

Greets,
 Jeroen