Re: Splitting in /usr/lib/<arch> and /usr/share

* Andrey Rahmatullin <wrar@wrar.name>, 2014-03-10, 20:24:
FHS does: "Miscellaneous architecture-independent application-specific static files and subdirectories must be placed in /usr/share." [1]
Do we enforce this?

Not really.

"9.1.1 File System Structure

The location of all files and directories must comply with the Filesystem Hierarchy Standard (FHS), version 2.3, with the exceptions noted below, and except where doing so would violate other terms of Debian Policy. [...]" [2]

I would interpret this as: Yes, we do.
I mean do we check this in e.g. lintian.

To some extent:
http://lintian.debian.org/tags/image-file-in-usr-lib.html

I also wonder if finding an arch-indep file in /usr/lib should result in an RC bug.

No. We should relax the policy to match the current practice.

--
Jakub Wilk