Re: Splitting in /usr/lib/<arch> and /usr/share

On Mon, Mar 10, 2014 at 03:40:33PM +0100, Оlе Ѕtrеісhеr wrote:
> Since the Policy 9.1.1 states (see above) "... *must* comply with the
> FHS", I would assume that the current agreement is that an
> arch-independent file in /usr/lib/ is an RC bug. When this was not the
> intention, it should be clarified in the policy (or the BTS docs).

To clarify my position: I don't think the spirit of the FHS sections
discussed here really forbids putting arch-indep files into /usr/lib and
thus it is not an RC bug and we should not change anything in the Policy.
If anything must be changed it's FHS.

--
WBR, wRAR