Re: Splitting in /usr/lib/<arch> and /usr/share

Andrey Rahmatullin <wrar@wrar.name> writes:

>> > Nothing forbids you from putting arch-indep files into /usr/lib.
>>
>> FHS does: "Miscellaneous architecture-independent application-specific
>> static files and subdirectories must be placed in /usr/share." [1]
> Do we enforce this?

"9.1.1 File System Structure

The location of all files and directories must comply with the
Filesystem Hierarchy Standard (FHS), version 2.3, with the exceptions
noted below, and except where doing so would violate other terms of
Debian Policy. [...]" [2]

I would interpret this as: Yes, we do.

Best

Ole