Re: Rules for packaging forked software

On Sun, Feb 9, 2014 at 7:33 PM, Craig Small wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 08, 2014 at 11:31:20PM +0800, Paul Wise wrote:
>> Upstreams continue to disappoint me :(
> I tend ending up as my own upstream a lot of the time, so I provide my
> own disappointment.

My disappointment in this case was caused by the twitter message.

> Forks are a pain, but they often can be in the long run a benefit. This
> is especially so if the parent project has gone dormant, which it sounds
> like it for at least one of the cases.

Taking over the project using the existing hosting is almost always
far better than forking a dormant project, continuity is valuable.
Pretty sure that would be or would have been possible in this case
since the GNOME community is hosting the project.

--
bye,
pabs

http://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise