Re: Rules for packaging forked software

Ok, I contacted viewnior Author. His response is :

"First off, gtkimageview was not active when I started working on
Viewnior, that is why I decided to embed it.
I contains a lot of bugs and obsolete code, so stripping viewnior and
using vanila gtkimageview is out of the question.

If there is an option to merge my fixes to gtkimageview and release a
new version of the library, I am more than willing to."

Also he plans to release a gtk3 version without gtkimageview
dependency around April, so the problem will disappear.

My idea is to upload viewnior anyway. Around April I will just
repackage for gtk3.

PS: We made it to twitter: [1]

[1] https://twitter.com/xsisqox/status/432135573994999808

--