Re: Sponsor for miredo 1.2.6-1 (which is ITA)

Hi Tomasz,

Tomasz Buchert wrote:
> I will tag it properly, when the package will reach debian.

That's a good plan.

> There are now even 2 sponsors willing to upload it. :D
> To resolve it rapidly, let's assume that Axel will do it,
> as it was he who was involved in the original bug.

A few remarks which do not need to be fixed immediately (i.e. I would
sponsor the package without them being fixed if you want) but should
be fixed soon anyway:

You wrote in the changelog "Fix lintian --pedantic warnings". While
I'm happy to get even --pedantic clean packages for sponsoring, this
one seems not lintian-clean. In case you use Wheezy to develop the
package, you can use the lintian version from wheezy-backports to get
close to how it would look on Sid.

I've found the following lintian-warnings, which should be trivial to
fix:

I: miredo source: vcs-field-not-canonical http://git.debian.org/?p=collab-maint/miredo.git http://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=collab-maint/miredo.git
I: miredo source: vcs-field-not-canonical git://git.debian.org/git/collab-maint/miredo.git git://anonscm.debian.org/collab-maint/miredo.git

There are a few more minor lintian-warnings (haven't checked them for
false positives), but I consider the above one the one which should be
fixed first.

Another minor (non-lintian) issue, maybe of the upstream build-system,
is the fact that it hides the actual compiler command lines:

$ blhc ../miredo_1.2.6-1_i386.build
NONVERBOSE BUILD:   CC     dummy.lo
NONVERBOSE BUILD:   CC     closefrom.lo
NONVERBOSE BUILD:   CC     strlcpy.lo
NONVERBOSE BUILD:   CCLD   libcompat.la
NONVERBOSE BUILD:   CC     init.lo
NONVERBOSE BUILD:   CC     relay.lo
NONVERBOSE BUILD:   CC     security.lo
NONVERBOSE BUILD:   CC     md5.lo
NONVERBOSE BUILD:   CC     packets.lo
NONVERBOSE BUILD:   CC     peerlist.lo
NONVERBOSE BUILD:   CC     clock.lo
NONVERBOSE BUILD:   CC     stub.lo
NONVERBOSE BUILD:   CC     maintain.lo
NONVERBOSE BUILD:   CC     teredo.lo
NONVERBOSE BUILD:   CC     v4global.lo
NONVERBOSE BUILD:   CCLD   libteredo-common.la
NONVERBOSE BUILD:   CCLD   libteredo.la
NONVERBOSE BUILD:   CC     server.lo
NONVERBOSE BUILD:   CCLD   libteredo-server.la
NONVERBOSE BUILD:   CC     mire.o
NONVERBOSE BUILD:   CCLD   teredo-mire
NONVERBOSE BUILD:   CC     tun6.lo
NONVERBOSE BUILD:   CC     diag.lo
NONVERBOSE BUILD:   CCLD   libtun6.la
NONVERBOSE BUILD:   CC     main.lo
NONVERBOSE BUILD:   CC     miredo.lo
NONVERBOSE BUILD:   CC     conf.lo
NONVERBOSE BUILD:   CC     binreloc.lo
NONVERBOSE BUILD:   CCLD   libmiredo.la
NONVERBOSE BUILD:   CC     privproc.o
NONVERBOSE BUILD:   CCLD   miredo-privproc
NONVERBOSE BUILD:   CC     relayd.o
NONVERBOSE BUILD:   CCLD   miredo
NONVERBOSE BUILD:   CC     serverd.o
NONVERBOSE BUILD:   CCLD   miredo-server
NONVERBOSE BUILD:   CC     checkconf.o
NONVERBOSE BUILD:   CCLD   miredo-checkconf

But this often can be fixed via debian/rules, i.e. as configure
parameter. Sometimes it needs patching, though.

> Anton - thanks for you help and great review of the package.

Yep, that already helped a lot.

		Regards, Axel
--
 ,''`.  |  Axel Beckert <abe@debian.org>, http://people.debian.org/~abe/
: :' :  |  Debian Developer, ftp.ch.debian.org Admin