Re: ExpoSong package

Am 20.06.2013 09:46, schrieb Daniel Beyer:
I think you tried to open an ITP using reportbug. In this case you
should have received an email with a subject in the form "Bug#NNNNNN:
Acknowledgement (ITP: ...". It might worth checking your SPAM for such a
message. If you did not get such a message, your bugreport most likely
never left your local system.
I didn't get an email, but when I use reportbug again, it says the package already exists. So it seems that it has worked.
Did you follow the instructions found at
http://mentors.debian.net/intro-maintainers? The sections "Using
Mentors" and "How to upload packages to mentors.debian.net?" explain how
to successfully upload a package there.
Also don't forget to deposit your public gpg-key on mentors and sign you
package before uploading it.
Ok, I changed the upload method to ftp and now it is uploaded. But it doesn't appear on the site and I didn't get an email either.
Here's the output:

Uploading to mentors (via ftp to mentors.debian.net):
  Uploading exposong_0.8.dsc: 553 Could not create file.
Leaving existing exposong_0.8.dsc on the server and continuing
NOTE: This existing file may have been previously uploaded partially.
       For official Debian upload queues, the dcut(1) utility can be
       used to remove this file, and after an acknowledgement mail is
       received in response to dcut, the upload can be re-initiated.
  Uploading exposong_0.8.tar.gz: done.
  Uploading exposong_0.8_all.deb: done.
  Uploading exposong_0.8_amd64.changes: done.
Successfully uploaded packages.

If you think your packaging is in a good shape, you were right uploading
it to mentors.debian.net. If not done so far, you might additionally
want to put the packaging under some version control (e.g. using git)
and publish it (e.g. on github) .
Which files should I put under version control? The debian/ directory with the information to generate the packages is already under source control.

Samuel