Re: Delaying an RFS: Close or Leave Open?

On 19-06-13 02:42, Bill Blough wrote:

> I have two ITA packages, both with RFS bugs created.
>
> Based on the review and comments on one package, I realized that the other
> package needs a lot more work before uploading it.  So, in hindsight, I
> shouldn't have opened an RFS for it yet.
>
> But since I did, what is the preferred way to handle this?
>
> Should I close the RFS until I feel the package is ready for review?  If
> this is the case, when I'm ready to RFS, should I start a new one, or
> reopen the closed one?

(disclaimer: I'm not a DD.)

In my experience, uploads that do not get sponsored are automatically
purged after 20 weeks. And the RFS is closed as well.

I think entering a comment in the RFS about the status is helpful; you
should also close it now and reopen it when you've updated the package.

This way the RFS won't show up in the list for people doing sponsoring work.

Cheers,

Dennis

--
D.H. van Dok :: Software Engineer :: www.nikhef.nl/grid ::