Re: How to handle a package triggering ice or segv during build?

On Mon, Jun 17, 2013 at 1:34 PM, Paul Wise <pabs@debian.org> wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 17, 2013 at 8:53 AM, Thomas Moulard wrote:
>
>> Actually I think so too but I am a bit reluctant to process the
>> Doxygen documentation locally
>> then copy it into the package (mainly because it will easy to forget
>> updating the documentation).
>> If you are aware of a package that could serve as a reference for
>> Doxygen documentation packaging
>> then I would gladly mimic its behavior in my package.
>
> I think you may have misunderstood what Jakub was saying.
>
> Since the documentation is built and placed into an architecture all
> package, there is no need for the buildds to also build the
> documentation and then discard it since the buildds do not build
> architecture all packages.
>
> So what you need to do is move the building of the documentation into
> the build-indep debian/rules target (instead of the build target).
> That way it will not be built and thrown away on the buildds.

Ok, I understand now. I investigated a bit and wrote this patch [1].

However, [2] and [3] seem to imply there is more do to than this simple patch.
Could you confirm whether these information are obsolete or not?

(this patch works for me in pbuilder / when I call dpkg-buildpackage -B)

[1] http://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=debian-science/packages/visp.git;a=commitdiff;h=6994be42b1aa3e5d700187fd432a09abb4e542e4;hp=0361f28d746259e3131928c12786e90b7aace299
[2] http://asylum.madhouse-project.org/blog/2012/01/26/buildd-workarounds/
[3] http://nthykier.wordpress.com/2011/11/11/build-arch-for-everyone/
--