Re: How to handle a package triggering ice or segv during build?

* Thomas Moulard <thomas.moulard@gmail.com>, 2013-06-14, 15:50:
the ViSP[1] software I maintain is causing GCC[2,3] and Doxygen[4] to crash on some platforms.

Why does it build documentation on the buildds? You put documentation in a separate arch:all package, so that sounds wasteful.

But anyway...

It is difficult for me to fix or to report these issues as:
1. I am neither a DD or a DM,
2. I do not have access to these architectures by myself.

I was wondering if opening a bug (on the Debian BTS) for GCC and Doxygen is acceptable in this case?

In theory, yes. In practice, neither GCC nor Doxygen maintainers have time (or goodwill...) to debug these issues for you, so you'll be asked to it provide more information. So you might as well skip the bugfiling part until you collected enough information. :)