Re: Packaging from scratch

Hello,

> Ultimately, when I manage to have a clean package, I will be looking
for
> a sponsor. Would anyone here be interested in RNA-seq analysis and
> willing to help me ?

I can not sponsor, and I have no idea about RNA sequencers et al, but your
package might fit into the "Next generation sequencing"  debian-med task.
http://debian-med.alioth.debian.org/tasks/bio-ngs

Which means you should consider contacting the people on the debian-med
mailing list for sponsoring. For preparing the package the descriptions
is debian-med policy are quite helpful:
http://debian-med.alioth.debian.org/docs/policy.html

Generally, I suggest to use git as your tool for package version
control. It makes it easier to start from scratch if you do something
wrong ;)

Learning to use pbuilder is also a good idea. Nowadays, I always
test-build in pbuilder x86_64 and i386 environments before I ask to
sponsor a new upload.

Best wishes,

Gert