Re: RFS: new powertop version

Thank you both for your kind and quick reponses.

>> Did you know about
>>
>> http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/developers-reference/beyond-
pkging.html#mia-qa

>> It outlines the best practices for dealing with an unresponsive maintainer.
No I did not know about this document. Thank you for pointing me at it.

>> You should also note that there is a release critical bug on powertop; you
>> should make sure your proposed upload fixes this.
Yes, my fix closes the release critical bug (bug #667329) and furthermore,
along with others, also bug #650063, which formerly had the severity serious.

> Version 2.0 was released on 5 May 2012 and it was announced on the upstream
> website on 10 May 2012.  Bug 672555 was submitted on 11 May 2012.  Isn't it
> a bit soon to push this new upstream release via NMU ?
Since I am under the impression, that the due date for the freeze of wheezy is
at the beginning of june, I thought, that it is not to soon to push via NMU,
so the new powertop version could be included in wheezy.

> Also, I'm not sure about new upstream releases via NMU.  Have you offered to
> co-maintain ?
No I have not, because I was under the impression, that it is not possible for
a non Debian developer to co-maintain a package. But if this impression was
wrong I would willingly offer to co-maintain.

Since I am new to all of this, please accept my apologies if I offended
somebody with the approach I have taken, which now seems kind of rude in my
view.

With best regards,
Julian Wollrath