Re: Once more: Need help updating my DM upload permissions

Hi Thomas,

On Fri, Nov 16, 2012 at 02:09:52PM +0100, Thomas Friedrichsmeier wrote:
> Up to this point, I had *no* indication, whatsoever, that you did not agree
> with my assessment.

The initial severity could have been such indication.

> - I did receive a reply, this time. In entirety (omitting salutation,
> citation, and signature) it was "The issue has not yet been fixed in wheezy."

The part "omitting salutation, citation, and signature" is not true.

> - As a reaction to this, you *finally* cared to give a rough explanation of
> your point of view, in that mail on Nov, 2, you are referring to.

I replied, not "finally" but on the same day, to your specific message of
November 2th.
https://lists.debian.org/debian-mentors/2012/11/msg00026.html

> Do you think that Henrique Holschuh and Steve Langasek seem to need a sponsor?

I don't think so.

> Or did you not read the other replies on debian-policy?

I'm not sure wether I've read every reply on that list.

> Or did you fail to acknowledge that these diverged from your point of view?

DDs have different opinions all the time.

> No, your interpretation of policy on this point is *not* the one and
> only possible reading.

Some readers might argue that I'm reading "verbatim copy" too verbatimly. :-)

> And, disagreeing with your reading, I seem to find myself in prominent
> company.

It is possible that you have found others agreeing with your view on things.

> And also, I do think that if you do hold a firm opinion on a subject, and you
> do care about it, then you should communicate that a bit sooner, and a bit
> more clearly.  That, too is a question of respect and responsibility -
> towards a random DM as much as to the project.

You seem to have a strong opinion on how I should communicate in Debian. :-)

OK, back to what (in my opinion) matters : You are in the process of fixing bug
689982 in wheezy, so that's covered for now.  And, at this point I don't renew
your DM upload permissions for the reason I explained, and other than that it
is possible that you are doing excellent work on the package rkward.

Regards,

Bart Martens