Re: Once more: Need help updating my DM upload permissions

On Fri, Nov 16, 2012 at 02:09:52PM +0100, Thomas Friedrichsmeier wrote:
> Hi Bart,
>
> I've been sitting here, for an hour, pondering whether I should actually hit
> "Send". I admit I have difficulty trying to understand your reasons, and I'm
> beginning to doubt that these rest in the subject matter, itself.
>
> Perhaps you simply disagree with the concept of DM, in general. Or perhaps
> this matter simply became personal somewhere along the road. Perhaps I've used
> some unlucky wording, somewhere, or perhaps I've missed some subtle hints from
> your side. If so, please accept my apologies. Also, please excuse that bit of
> sarcasm, in the second half. I know that's crossing a line. But I really *am*
> failing to find different words.
>
> So, perhaps this mail does *not* make things better. But I happen to care
> about this, too, and so here's my reply:
>
> On Friday 16 November 2012, Bart Martens wrote:
> > On Fri, Nov 16, 2012 at 10:32:29AM +0100, Thomas Friedrichsmeier wrote:
> > > So far the only result has been a new bug report against my package, and
> > > some controversy around how to handle this
> >
> > The easy way would have been to upload a fix for bug 689982 in unstable and
> > request an unblock.  Instead you questioned and lowered the severity of the
> > bug, and uploaded a newer upstream release to unstable, so now it's more
> > difficult to get the bug fixed in wheezy.
>
> I'll fill in a few blanks, for you:
>
> - I have added a first reply to the bug report within 100 *minutes* after you
> filed it. In this initial feedback, I pointed you to a preview of my fix,
> *and* I stated explicitly, that I intended to upload a new upstream release,
> first, *and* that I did not agree with severity serious.
> - After four days without any reply, I went ahead and lowered severity to
> "normal", with a more elaborate explanation, and with you on CC.
> - After twelve more days without any reply, I went ahead, and uploaded the new
> upstream release, as announced.
>
> Up to this point, I had *no* indication, whatsoever, that you did not agree
> with my assessment.
>
> - On the same day (Octobor, 24), I contacted you in PM, asking whether you
> would be willing to help me with upload permissions, now.
> - I did receive a reply, this time. In entirety (omitting salutation,
> citation, and signature) it was "The issue has not yet been fixed in wheezy."
> - Still on the same day, I replied, pointing out that I did not agree with
> severity "serious", that I had changed severity on October, 12, and asked you
> to comment, why you insisted on RC status.
> - One week later, - without any reply - I posted to the list, again.
> - As a reaction to this, you *finally* cared to give a rough explanation of
> your point of view, in that mail on Nov, 2, you are referring to.
>
> > This would have been prevented
> > via sponsorship.  As I wrote before on 2 Nov 2012, on copyright and
> > licenses you seem to need a sponsor.
>
> Excuse me, if there is a bit of sarcasm showing in the following paragraph. I
> [...]

I can sense your frustration, and I thank you for keeping it civil, I'll
take care of helping you migrate the permissions.

Let's take it off-list and get in touch with your old sponsor (with a
timeout) and migrate the permissions.

Cheers,
  Paul

--