Re: Changing SONAME in library version
Le 14/05/12 11:15, Olе Streicher a écrit :
> Dear mentors,
> could someone give me a hint on how to proceed here?
The release team will answer your [request] soon and let you know
whether it's OK to transition your packages. In the meantime you could
upload them to experimental to see whether they compile and run fine.
As a matter of fact, the new release of CPL fails to build on most
architectures! This is the reason for all the "out of date" excuses. In
addition, the package was [reported] to be uninstallable:
You have two options:
- work on the current release to get a decent version of DS9
in wheezy, if not the most recent;
- work on the transition, but it will be a lot of work and you
are likely to miss wheezy.
One option is to do both:
- push the working version of your packages in sid (depending on
- push the next generation (depending on CPL 6.0) in experimental.
- work on the build failures and on 671675 in experimental.
- explain this plan to the release team. If they are OK, all you
will have to do once the next generation is really ready in
experimental is ask them (the release team) to migrate the whole
to unstable and, eventually, testing.
To work on the build failures, you will need to:
- read the build [logs];
- ask for a [guest] account on the portboxes.
Best regards, Thibaut.