Re: Binaries with name conflicts

Le 01/04/12 14:44, Giulio Paci a écrit :

>>  - install the binaries in /usr/lib/bin/sptk/
>
> I do not see any /usr/lib/bin/ in my system. Did you mean
> /usr/lib/sptk/bin/?

Yes, sorry: either /usr/lib/sptk/bin/ or simply /usr/lib/sptk/

> This seems a nice solution. Is it also common practice?
> Is there a good example of a package that is doing this, so that I can
> see how related problems (e.g., documentation changes that are required)
> has been solved?

Not sure. Such cases have been discussed already, I am not sure of which
packages implement this in practice. This is similar to what git does,
though.

Since you provide only one binary in /usr/bin, you are only required by
policy to provide a manpage for this executable.

Regards, Thibaut.