Binaries with name conflicts

Hi to all!
	I am trying to package sptk (), a toolkit for speech signal processing.

The toolkit consists of 127 simple command-line programs (with a short
name), that are supposed to interact each other mainly using stdin and
stdout. Users of this toolkit generally install it in a custom location
and add that location to PATH, then uses the commands in scripts.

Given that, I am wondering where is the best place for those programs
and how to avoid possible conflicts with other packages shipping a
binary with the same name (I already have this problem on my computer
with /usr/bin/bcp from libboost1.48-dev). Do you have any hints and best
practice suggestions?

Bests,
	Giulio.