Re: RFS: trash-cli

Hi Javier,

thank you for your sponsorship :-)

Hi Stefano,

I'm happy to sponsor trash-cli.  However, it's been a while since you
sent this RFS and two things have happened: new standards-version and
the package has been removed from the archive[0]. I tried to prevent it
but it was already too late :(

So, this package should go through NEW again to get back to the
archive. Before I upload it, I'd like you to fix some issues:

  - Put yourself as maintainer, you are now the new maintainer.
  - Create an ITP bug and close it in the changelog.
  - Read the upgrade list for the new standards and update
    standards-version saying what (if any) changes you had to do.
  - Change X-python-version to 2.6 (from the README from upstream)

Ok. I'll work to update the package and to open an ITP.

  - Have you considered sending fix_trash-restore_command.patch and
    fix_man_path.patch upstream?

The patches have been sent upstream by Andrew Starr-Bochicchio but was
rejected. I'll talk with the upstream author to know why.

  - Can you add an example to the volume-of(1) man page?  After
    reading it, I had no idea what volume-of was.

Yes, I do. But checking the latest upstream commits, it seems volume-of was deleted. I need to contact the upstream author to learn more about this.

  - The package fails to build twice in a row because
    trash_cli.egg-info is not removed in dh_clean.
  - lintian complains that debian/copyright refers to LGPL, but
    the LGPL is not described in the copyright file.  There should be
    a "License:" line describing the LGPL, similar to the one that
    describes GPL-2+

I'll fix those things too.

  - Consider using a vcs to maintain the debian/ Upstream uses git,
    you could use git-buildpackage (this is just a suggestion, but it
    will make life easier for you and me)

Ok!

Thanks,
Javi