Re: RFS: trash-cli

Hi Stefano,

On Mon, Feb 13, 2012 at 01:30:49PM +0100, Stefano Karapetsas wrote:
> Dear mentors,
>
> I am looking for a sponsor for my package "trash-cli".
>
> I talked with Steve Stalcup (the current maintainer, but he's not a
> DD), with Andrew Starr-Bochicchio (who packaged trash-cli previously
> on mentors) and with Andrea Francia (the upstream author) and I
> packaged the latest upstream git snapshot of trash-cli (it's
> stable).
>
>  * Package name    : trash-cli
>    Version         : 0.11.3~git20120112.28653c6-1
>    Upstream Author : Andrea Francia
> <andreafrancia@users.sourceforge.net>
>  * URL             : https://github.com/andreafrancia/trash-cli
>  * License         : GPL-2+
>    Section         : utils
>
> It builds those binary packages:
>
> trash-cli  - command line trashcan utility
>
> To access further information about this package, please visit the
> following URL:
>
>   http://mentors.debian.net/package/trash-cli
>
> Alternatively, one can download the package with dget using this
> command:
>
>   dget -x http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/t/trash-cli/trash-cli_0.11.3~git20120112.28653c6-1.dsc

I'm happy to sponsor trash-cli.  However, it's been a while since you
sent this RFS and two things have happened: new standards-version and
the package has been removed from the archive[0].  I tried to prevent it
but it was already too late :(

So, this package should go through NEW again to get back to the
archive. Before I upload it, I'd like you to fix some issues:

  - Put yourself as maintainer, you are now the new maintainer.
  - Create an ITP bug and close it in the changelog.
  - Read the upgrade list for the new standards and update
    standards-version saying what (if any) changes you had to do.
  - Change X-python-version to 2.6 (from the README from upstream)
  - Have you considered sending fix_trash-restore_command.patch and
    fix_man_path.patch upstream?
  - Can you add an example to the volume-of(1) man page?  After
    reading it, I had no idea what volume-of was.
  - The package fails to build twice in a row because
    trash_cli.egg-info is not removed in dh_clean.
  - lintian complains that debian/copyright refers to LGPL, but
    the LGPL is not described in the copyright file.  There should be
    a "License:" line describing the LGPL, similar to the one that
    describes GPL-2+
  - Consider using a vcs to maintain the debian/ Upstream uses git,
    you could use git-buildpackage (this is just a suggestion, but it
    will make life easier for you and me)

Thanks,
Javi