Bug#660162: RFS: tack/1.07-2
On Sun, Feb 26, 2012 at 10:45 PM, Samuel Bronson <email@example.com> wrote:
> But note that Thomas Dickey has prepared a snapshot which is supposed
> to do patch #03's job a different way, and fix that dpkg-shlibdeps
> warning: <http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-ncurses/2012-02/msg00022.html>.
> (I'll take a look at this in the morning.)
Okay, it looks like these changes would be fairly tricky to untangle
from those in the *preceding* two development snapshots, and I'm not
quite sure what those changes do at the moment, so I've cleaned up the
patches after all, and added that other patch filename to the
(The new stuff can wait for a release.)
tack (1.07-1~mentors7) unstable; urgency=low
* New upstream release.
* Adopt package.
Closes: #660140 (ITP for this package).
* Switch to dpkg-source 3.0 (quilt) format.
* New patch 02-manpage-hyphen-used-as-minus.patch. Thanks, lintian, for
* Re-add debian/watch file (was dropped in 1.06-3).
* Enable build warnings.
* Add Vcs-Browser: and Vcs-Git: fields to debian/control.
* Install a symlink CHANGES.gz -> changelog.gz in the doc directory.
* Update debian/copyright to final DEP5 format.
* Use dh-autoreconf to regenerate the configure script during build
+ Build-depends on dh-autoreconf and autoconf-dickey.
+ This also takes care of pulling up-to-date config.guess and config.sub
scripts in from autotools-dev.
+ ... except with autoconf-dickey it doesn't, so use autotools-dev's
dh_ commands; bump build-depends to autotools-dev (>= 20100122.1)
accordingly. (Yes, even though it says "Do NOT" in the autotools-dev
* Add support for dpkg-buildflags(1) by bumping debhelper compatibility
level (and build-depends) to 9.
+ Drop the LDFLAGS="-Wl,-z,defs,-ltic from the call to
dh_auto_configure, so that configure will pick up the LDFLAGS from
+ Replace it with:
- LIBS="-ltic" as an argument to dh_auto_configure
- DEB_LDFLAGS_MAINT_APPEND for the rest.
Build-Depends: dpkg-dev (>= 1.16.1).
* New patch 03-allow-echoing-compilation-commands.patch, which enables
printing of compilation commands by default.
* Update package to Standards-Version: 3.9.3.
* Thanks to Jakub Wilk for his thorough review.
-- Samuel Bronson <firstname.lastname@example.org> Fri, 24 Feb 2012 16:22:24 -0500