How to transition to a new UID?

Dear Mentors,

I am currently in the process of transitioning to a new UID that I would like
to use for my Debian related activities, but am unsure how to do this
correctly. There also seems to be a difference between what is documented as
good practice and how the actual implementation would behave and I am merely
seeking advice on how to complete this transition in a smooth fashion.
Additional problems might arise because I do not plan to use my primary UID.

I have uploaded the current key with my new UIDs to the debian keyservers
already, but the update has (presumably) not yet been folded into the
maintainer keyring. I presume that I have to wait until that happened until I
can upload DMUA enabled package with my new UID, but it might also be the case
that the first package with my new UID has to sponsored again.

In particular [1] states that "Packages signed by a key in the
debian-maintainers keyring will be accepted if the package […] the previous
version of the package contains this maintainer's primary UID in the
Maintainer". Following the discussion in [2] and most importantly [3] it seems
as if the primary UID is not really important as any UID is acceptable iff the
real name matches. As this holds true for my key it seems to me as if the best
course of action right now would be to keep on using my old UID until the
update has been incorporated into the maintainer keyring. Once that happens I
can start to use the new one and can upload without problems.

If that is indeed the case it would make sense to clarify this in [1] or [4],
because the stated requirement that packages with new UIDs need to be
sponsored is simply not true.

Are there other aspects of a UID change that I am overlooking?

[1] http://wiki.debian.org/DebianMaintainer
[2] http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2011/04/msg01058.html
[3] http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2011/04/msg01087.html
[4] http://wiki.debian.org/DebianMaintainer/Tutorial
--
Wolodja <debian@babilen5.org>

4096R/CAF14EFC
081C B7CD FF04 2BA9 94EA  36B2 8B7F 7D30 CAF1 4EFC