Re: RFS: django-autoslug

Hi,

I you meant to imply that all Django packages are violating Python Policy 2.2, then this is not true[0]. It is true, however that most of them are named incorrectly, and I'm partially responsible for that, being a sponsor of a few of them.

That said, I won't sponsor any new packages violating 2.2. (You are of course free to find another sponsor.)
which is quite usefull for the user.

I don't see how python-django-$FOO is more useful than python-$FOO. Surely the latter is easier to type. ;)

Ok, I don't 100% agree but I get your point, I renamed the package to python-autoslug, so it's now :
  http://mentors.debian.net/package/django-autoslug
dget -x http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/d/django-autoslug/django-autoslug_1.4.1-1.dsc

Now please honour DEB_BUILD_OPTION=nocheck. :)

Done

It's some kind of brain damage of mentors.d.n software. Please ignore it.

ok ;)

Do you see any other issues with this package ?

It would be probably worthwhile to explain the long description what a "slug field" is. I had to look it up in the documentation, even though I've been using Django for a few years.

Done

If lintian was a bit smarter, it would trigger possible-unindented-list-in-extended-description on your package.

Done, anything else ?

Thanks for your feedback Jakub :), regards,

--
  Jocelyn Delalande

Blog (fr) http://hackriculture.fr
Home      http://crapouillou.net/~jocelyn