Re: RFS: django-autoslug

* Jocelyn Delalande <debian@hackriculture.fr>, 2011-09-19, 02:22:
For future, debian-python@lists.debian.org might a better place to ask for sponsorship of packages like this.
Ok, I will, is that ok if I stay on debian-mentors for that first package ?

Oh, there's nothing wrong with asking here. It's just there's apparently not that many experienced Python packagers reading this list.

According to Python Policy 2.2, the binary package name should be python-autoslug. (Now, you may say that's too generic and that the package name should include "django" - but so should upstream module name...)
Yes, I do believe that django-requiring modules should stick in django namespace. Anyway, it's never the case but all debian packages I saw are named python-django-*,

I you meant to imply that all Django packages are violating Python Policy 2.2, then this is not true[0]. It is true, however that most of them are named incorrectly, and I'm partially responsible for that, being a sponsor of a few of them.

That said, I won't sponsor any new packages violating 2.2. (You are of course free to find another sponsor.)

which is quite usefull for the user.

I don't see how python-django-$FOO is more useful than python-$FOO. Surely the latter is easier to type. ;)

autoslug/tests.py:
- Please run them at build time.
done (needed to add python-all to build-depends).

Now please honour DEB_BUILD_OPTION=nocheck. :)

I see two lines errors on in "QA" section of http://mentors.debian.net/package/django-autoslug :

Error: /home/expo/data/live/incoming/django-autoslug_1.4.1-1_amd64.changes
Error: 	django-autoslug_1.4.1-1.dsc

What do they mean ?

It's some kind of brain damage of mentors.d.n software. Please ignore it.

Do you see any other issues with this package ?

It would be probably worthwhile to explain the long description what a "slug field" is. I had to look it up in the documentation, even though I've been using Django for a few years.

If lintian was a bit smarter, it would trigger possible-unindented-list-in-extended-description on your package.

[0] See python-django-{auth-ldap,auth-openid,countries,extensions,genshi,nose,websocket}.

--
Jakub Wilk