Re: Adding symbols files to the tango package.

Le Thu, 4 Aug 2011 08:02:44 +0200,
Raphael Hertzog <hertzog@debian.org> a écrit :

> IIRC it's sorted alphabetically on the string that appears in the symbols
> file (i.e. un-mangeld symbol in your case). The tags are ignored for the
> sort.

ok In fact my symbols where alphabetically sorted using the mangled names.
then I used the c++filt method to generate the un-mangled file.
It was my mistake :).

Nevertheless once you added the tags it is no more possible to sort the file
automatically... So the patch becomes sort of "useless" as a patch, it is informative

> > It means also that if I use #include it is no more possible to use the patch
> > right ?
>
> Right. It's also one of the reasons why we prefer using arch tags instead
> of arch-specific files with includes.

But when you have hundred's of symbols optional symbols it is
very convenient to use
(optional) #include "xxx.symbols.optional"
instead of writing (optional) for each symbols.

Do you know if there is some documentation about the implementation details which
depends of each arch. I suppose that we all face the same problems once
we try to use the symbols files. (ex. Why do I have va_list on this arch and __va_list_arg
on the other one. Ha! ok this is an implementation detail...

See you

Fred

--
GPG public key 4096R/4696E015 2011-02-14
    fingerprint = E92E 7E6E 9E9D A6B1 AA31  39DC 5632 906F 4696 E015

GPG public key 1024D/A59B1171 2009-08-11
    fingerprint = 1688 A3D6 F0BD E4DF 2E6B  06AA B6A9 BA6A A59B 1171
uid  Picca Frédéric-Emmanuel <picca@debian.org>