Re: Adding symbols files to the tango package.

On 2011-08-01 10:28, Picca Frédéric-Emmanuel wrote:
> «...]
>
> BUT, I would like your opinion about a dpkg-gensymbols concern.
> I uploaded this package [1] to obtain the build log and then modify the symbol files depending on the arch
> It seems that the patch generated by dpkg-gensymbols during the build process do not apply.
>
> Each time I do
> patch -p0 < xxx.log, I got plenty of hunk FAIL.
>
> Did you already saw this ? Should I fill a bug against dpkg-gensymbol ?
>
> Thanks for your advices.
>
> Fred.
>
> [1] https://buildd.debian.org/status/package.php?p=tango

Hi,

Looks like you have architecture (or endian) specific symbols.  You
probably have to make architecture specific symbols files in this case.
 In case you would like to see an example I know of [1], which uses a
separate symbols file for linux vs. kfreebsd.
  As I understand it you can also mark specific symbols for architecture
specific (see man dpkg-gensymbols under "arch=architecture list"), but I
do not have an example for that.

~Niels

[1]
http://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=collab-maint/libsysactivity.git;a=tree;f=debian;h=f9b86912ae5dd151774e77ffe3c8670908f5203d;hb=416d1d6f944181b166754b564c67e71f8df97a45