Re: RFS: aescrypt

On Thu, Aug 04, 2011 at 06:13:52AM +0000, mezgani ali wrote:
> My motivation for maintaining this package is: [fill in].
Huh?

> main contrib non-free
> - dget http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/a/aescrypt/aescrypt_3.05-1.dsc
You don't have a git repo (even though Vcs-* is filled in) so I couldn't
find what exactly did you change from the last upload, but looks like you
changed only "GPL3" to "GPL2" in one place of debian/copyright, making it
even worse. And it seems you didn't ask the authors about licenses, as
I've suggested several times.

According to http://forums.packetizer.com/viewtopic.php?f=72&t=92 , the
non-GPL files are really non-GPL, so you can only ask the upstream to
clarify the license, because apparently they wanted to use some permissive
one, but failed. Without this, the package cannot enter the Debian
archive.

--
WBR, wRAR