Re: RFS: qasmixer

Hi Sebastian,

On Fri, Jul 08, 2011 at 02:05:05PM +0200, Sebastian H. wrote:
[...]
> >2. Your debian/watch doesn't work. Yield remote version -0.12.0
[...]
> The whole point for the 0.12.1 release was to make Debian
> integration smoother. Since most things seem to work now I've
> uploaded the tarball to the SF project page. uscan still doesn't
> find it but that's probably because the SF mirrors are not
> synchronized, yet.

Yes, that's to be expected with the sf.net qa wrapper.

And just for the record, sf.net itself still reads:
"Looking for the latest version? Download Release version 0.11.0 (173.4 KB)"

Funny, eh? ;-)

> Also I've change the regexp to
> http://sf.net/qasmixer/qasmixer[-_](.+)\.tar\.gz
> because up to 0.12.0 a minus "-" is used and from 0.12.1 on I'd like
> use and underscore "_" as a separator.

Good. For bonus points you can also make (.*) read ([\d\.]+) which would
make it even more robust.

> >3. You explicitly put versioned Depends for your binary. Some of them are
> >    even overriden by dh_makeshlibs and replaced with more recent versions.
> >    What's the reason you don't simply rely upon ${shlibs:Depends} and
> >    ${misc:Depends} to catch all required libs in their correct version?
> >
> >    For example, you put libqt4-svg (>= 4.6.3) but the final deb has
> >    libqt4-svg (>= 4:4.5.3) which is newer due to the epoch (leading 4:) - is
> >    that what you intended? Same goes for libqt4-network and libqtgui4.
>
> There's no specific reason for the hardcoded dependencies.
> I just didn't know how great the automatic dependency resolution
> works and put in some libraries of which I knew QasMixer would play
> along with well. They're gone now.

Excellent. Just like I thought it was meant to be. And yes, that's the magic
you want to have stuff packaged for. ;-)

[...]
> >Apart from that good work and ready for upload.
>
> Sweet!
>
> There goes the next round:
> - dget http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/q/qasmixer/qasmixer_0.12.1-1.dsc

Built, Signed, Uploaded.

You should now get a mail from the archive that your package is NEW and will
require FTPmaster approval before officially listed in the archive.

Thanks!

--
Best regards,
Kilian