Re: RFS: boot-repair

setupOn 12/31/2011 07:21 PM, yannubuntu@gmail.com wrote:
> The setup.py files are not from me, they were automatically created by
> the tool i use for PPA upload (LaunchBash).
> My knowledge is null about this subject, i can't answer your questions.
> So feel free to replace the setup.py files by whatever method you feel
> more appropriate.
I'm afraid that's not the way it works. I don't intend to do the packaging
work for you, just review it. You should yourself learn how to do the
packaging. Read how dh_install works (read its manpage for example),
really, it's easy.

>     Your software is manipulating /etc/apt/sources.list, and then using
>     apt-get install. If your software is in Debian, why would we need you
>     to install your PPA source list in /etc/apt/sources.list? This is
>     unacceptable
>     for Debian.
>

> please see my previous email (answer to Alessio).
I have read all messages on the thread, yet I don't see what you
are point at.

>     Also, you are installing your PPA with names matching
>     Ubuntu releases. This has nothing to do in Debian!
>

> because all packages are same for all distros (Debian and Debian
> derivatives) and versions (Lucid packages = Precise packages) . But i
> agree this can change some day, so I should create a rep for Unstable.

You don't get it: we DO NOT accept that your software silently
changes something in the sources.list, unless your software
purpose is to do the administration of that file, for example
(see what does "software center"). Don't do that. Whatever the
way you put it, I don't see any reason why someone would want
to have your PPA added to the sources.list like this. All of your
needed dependency should be in Debian, and I don't see why
we would need your PPA if it's there.

Cheers,

Thomas