Re: RFS: policyd-weight

Hi,

> werner@aloah-from-hell.de writes:
>>> +include /usr/share/quilt/quilt.make
>>> +build-stamp: $(QUILT_STAMPFN)
>>>  clean: unpatch
>> I had to leave the line "include /usr/share/quilt/quilt.make" otherwise
>> the package build fails.
>
> With what error? I guess you did not remove the "unpatch" dependency for
> the clean target (it's still in the new package)?

That's right. After i removed the "unpatch" dep for the clean target I get:

"debian/rules clean
make: *** No rule to make target `dh_testdir', needed by `clean'.  Stop."

Ok, I've also removed "dh_testdir" and get:

"debian/rules clean
make: *** No rule to make target `dh_testroot', needed by `clean'.  Stop."

and so on :( So something is wrong and i currently don't know what.

>>> debian/README.source is not necessary for packages using a standard
>>> format like 3.0 (quilt).  You also do not need to build-depend on quilt.
>> Deleted the file, mentioned it in debian/changelog. If I remove the build-
>> depend on quilt lintian throws me:
>> "E: policyd-weight source: missing-build-dependency quilt"
>
> That is probably triggered by the include you still have.

But it's telling me "hey there is a missing-build-dependeny quilt". I only get
this error if I comment out the following line in debian/control

include /usr/share/quilt/quilt.make

>>> A note at the beginning of patches indicating the reason and author for
>>> the change would be nice.
>> Hm, how do i add comments with quilt to existing patches. Can i directly
>> edit the patches or is there another way/tool for it?
>
> You can just edit them and write something to the beginning or use quilt
> header -e with the patch you want to comment on top.
>
> There is also a "standard" format for comments:
> http://dep.debian.net/deps/dep3/
>
> I especially find references to bug reports useful when looking at
> patches at a later time.

Thanks. I'll consider this after the mentioned things.

Regards and thank you,
Werner