Re: RFS: policyd-weight

werner@aloah-from-hell.de writes:
>> +include /usr/share/quilt/quilt.make
>> +build-stamp: $(QUILT_STAMPFN)
>>  clean: unpatch
> I had to leave the line "include /usr/share/quilt/quilt.make" otherwise
> the package build fails.

With what error? I guess you did not remove the "unpatch" dependency for
the clean target (it's still in the new package)?

>> debian/README.source is not necessary for packages using a standard
>> format like 3.0 (quilt).  You also do not need to build-depend on quilt.
> Deleted the file, mentioned it in debian/changelog. If I remove the build-
> depend on quilt lintian throws me:
> "E: policyd-weight source: missing-build-dependency quilt"

That is probably triggered by the include you still have.

>> A note at the beginning of patches indicating the reason and author for
>> the change would be nice.
> Hm, how do i add comments with quilt to existing patches. Can i directly
> edit the patches or is there another way/tool for it?

You can just edit them and write something to the beginning or use quilt
header -e with the patch you want to comment on top.

There is also a "standard" format for comments:
http://dep.debian.net/deps/dep3/

I especially find references to bug reports useful when looking at
patches at a later time.

Regards,
Ansgar